Live Drawing from Sharang Biswas on Vimeo.
My second attempt at Live Drawing, in Shantell Martin's "Drawing on Everything" Class. I made this in Sketchbook Pro while listening to "King and Lion heart" by Of Monsters and Men.
For our first assignment, Shantell asked us to “make some marks” using unorthodox substances and techniques. I ended up using milk, olive oil, soy sace, juice from a jar of olives, cayenne pepper and turmeric.
1) I mixed up the milk, oil and olive juice:
2) I used my ravioli cutter to apply the mixture to the paper:
3) Baked that sheet for a little while. Unfortunately, while the milk burnt and made some cool black spots, the rest of it just spread out and made the paper translucent.
4) So I mixed up some cayenne, turmeric and water in a pestle and mortar…
5) And used the pestle to apply spots of colour.
6) I then baked that so the spices would form an interesting texture and then added a splash of soy sauce